Twickenham is Thriving!
Twickenham ‘thumbs its nose’ at economic doom and gloom, as its vacant shops almost literally (to borrow a retail term) fly off the shelves!
Twelve new businesses have started trading in the 6 months since January 2014, including High Road Auctions, Biba Star (women’s fashion), Sami’s Barbers, Games Workshop, Ke Sushi, Iso Sushi, Yogocrush (frozen yoghurt), Italian Design (men’s clothing), Twickenham Upholstery, Bonjour Dry Cleaners, Schmidt Kitchens and Decoration (paint & wallpapers) . We extend a warm Twickenham BID welcome to each and every one. That’s not all; five more are about to refurbish or are finalising plans, and rumour has it that a beauty salon, a pizza restaurant and a new deli are amongst those on the menu.
On top of the Town’s many business attractions the Government’s increased level of Small Business Rate Relief and the new Reoccupation Relief are clearly incentivising small and independent traders to develop their ideas and snap up the empty shops in our Town. Twickenham’s selling like hot cakes! Watch this space…
What’s your BID been up to, to date? Here’s a quick snapshot…
- We will be launching a brand new, user-friendly website – TryTwickenham.com – in September.
- Introduction of DISC, our crime-prevention intranet, launched with Twickenham Pubwatch and supported by the Metropolitan Police.
- Great recycling deals are now exclusively available to BID members, through our waste management partner First Mile.
- Gorgeous summer planting & watering scheme is underway, to brighten up the town.
- Plans underway for Christmas lights on lamp posts and trees.
- Lesley, our new BID Ambassador, joins us in July and looks forward to meeting you soon.
Read more on all the above on our News page.
So, BID members… Make sure we’ve got all your details and know exactly what it is you’re offering, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Basically, if you’ve got it, tell us and we’ll make sure everyone knows about it!